The Best Options for Urgent Care for Dental Pain
It has been said that there’s nothing worse than dental pain. Indeed, pain levels are debatable, but one thing we know for sure is this: No one wants to be in pain, and when a dental emergency strikes in Quincy, Massachusetts, Dr. Stephen Matarazzo is here to help.
Knowing in advance what you’ll do when a crisis or dental emergency occurs is the key. Do you have a plan in place? Read on to learn what you can expect with dental pain relief.
What Is a Dental Emergency?
Do you know how to know if your issue is a dental emergency? Some issues can be uncomfortable. For example, a dull toothache can be painful and even aggravating. However, a true dental emergency is something that needs immediate care.
Here are some examples of dental emergencies:
- Bleeding that can’t be stopped
- Unbearable toothache pain
- Painful swelling
- A permanent tooth that is knocked out or becomes loose.
- Jaw injuries
- An abscessed tooth
If any of those situations occur, please seek dental or medical help immediately.
When you have had a tooth knocked out, here is what you need to do:
- Retrieve the tooth and rinse it carefully to remove any debris
- Avoid touching the tooth’s root as much as possible
- Try to re-insert the tooth into the empty socket
- Close your jaw to try to hold the tooth in place
- Bite lightly on the tooth area so that you can keep it positioned
- If needed, hold the tooth in place with your finger
If you can’t re-insert the tooth, put it into a glass of milk to keep it moist. Do not put the tooth in tap water.
Urgent Care for Dental Pain in Quincy, Massachusetts
A dental emergency is painful and often terrifying. If you have a dentist who offers same-day treatment, you can get help quickly.
Here are some things that aren’t dental emergencies:
- Chipped teeth
- Noticeable cavities
- Dull toothaches that can be treated at home with over-the-counter pain medications
- Cracked crowns or bridges
- Broken night guard or retainer
- Lost filling or crown
- Food stuck between your teeth
Emergency Dentist Office Near Me in Quincy, MA
Dr. Stephen Matarazzo and his team in Quincy, Massachusetts, are here to help you find pain relief. Give us a call today at (617) 405-3939 or request an appointment online today.