Restore your Smile with Natural-looking Dental Implants
When you have lost teeth, it doesn’t take long to realize how your teeth are crucial in chewing and speaking clearly. Then, there is the emotional toll missing teeth have on your confidence — you naturally hold back your smile because you don’t want people to see your conspicuous gaps. Thankfully, if you have lost teeth, you can get your life back on track by installing dental implants from Dr. Stephen Matarazzo.
The dental implant procedure
Dental implants are inserted deep into your gum line, unlike dentures or bridges placed just above your gums. So as you would expect, the procedure might take some months, but it’s worth every wait. You get a tooth replacement that looks and performs like your original teeth.
The first step in getting dental implants is talking you through the process. When patients are equipped with information, they get the most out of the procedure and experience fewer surprises down the treatment road.
After unpacking the procedure, the next stage is examining your oral health. This step is essential since not all patients are perfect candidates for dental implants — you need a healthy jawbone for a successful dental implant. But don’t worry if you have insufficient density and volume in your bone. Dr. Stephen Matarazzo may recommend mini implants or bone grafting.
When we establish you are a viable candidate for implants, the next steps involve:
- Surgical insertion: When the preparation is all set, it’s time to insert the implant in your jawbone. This is the most crucial step of the dental implant process. Thankfully, we have the expertise, experience, and technology to precisely place the implant where it should be — not too deep, not too shallow, and definitely not too close to a nerve.
- Healing and abutment placement: After surgically inserting the implant, we give it a few months to integrate with the jawbone. The aftermath is an implant firmly anchored to support a prosthetic component. We insert an abutment when healing is complete and give the process a few weeks to heal. If you are wondering, an abutment is a connector that links the implant to the prosthetic tooth.
- Crown installation: Finally, the most enjoyable step of the dental implant is installing a crown, denture, or bridge, depending on the number of teeth lost. Whatever the prosthetic component we use, it’s natural-looking to blend seamlessly with the rest of the teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
Getting dental implants in Quincy, MA? You couldn’t have made a better decision to replace your teeth. Dental implants are the closest thing to your natural teeth. Why do we say this? Dental implants have numerous benefits that mimic your real teeth. These include:
- Prevent bone loss by stimulating your jaw bone continually
- Require little maintenance — caring for dental implants is no different from taking care of your natural teeth
- Unlike dental bridges, dental implants don’t affect the health of nearby teeth
- Are natural-looking
- Last for life with diligent oral care
- Preserves your youthful facial structure
- Restores your oral functionality, as if you had all your natural teeth
Missing teeth? Ready to feel more confident and enjoy a functional life? Then dial (617) 405-3939 to book an appointment with Dr. Stephen Matarazzo for natural-looking dental implants.
Share this Article
Back to Dental Implants Page