Dentist in Quincy, MA area practice offers full mouth rehabilitation
Sometimes, patients in the Quincy, MA area have a single imperfection of the smile that can be easily treated with a cosmetic dentistry procedure. However, others may have a wide range of problems with their smiles for which several solutions may be needed. To address a variety of issues, our dentist, Dr. Stephen Matarazzo, may recommend full mouth rehabilitation.
Understanding full mouth rehabilitation
Restoring the function and beauty of the smile is important to Dr. Stephen Matarazzo, which is why he is pleased to offer a combination of services to achieve full mouth rehabilitation. Also referred to as a “smile makeover,” full mouth rehabilitation allows patients to combine services to completely rejuvenate their smiles. This transformation can improve not only the appearance and the function of the smile, but also oral health and overall self-confidence.
Full mouth rehabilitation is essentially a dental treatment plan that includes several solutions. These may include some of the following treatment options integrated into the smile makeover journey:
- Dental implants – the most popular way of addressing missing teeth is with dental implants. An implant is a titanium post used by a dentist to act as a tooth root replacement. It is placed into the bone of the jaw during oral surgery, and then stabilized by the bone for strength and durability. The implant abutment can be covered with several types of restorations, including dental crowns, dental bridges, or even full dentures for optimum function. Patients with enough bone structure may consider this method of tooth replacement for their smiles.
- Dental bridges – another solution for missing teeth is the dental bridge. Dental bridges are restoration made of ceramic that look like natural teeth and replace one or more teeth in a row. They use the adjacent teeth for support of the dental crowns, fused on each side of the pontics. A dental bridge is a permanent option that is less expensive than a dental implant and may be a great option for patients who are not proper candidates for implants.We are here to helpPlease call us at (617) 405-3939 or Schedule an Appointment
- Dentures – for patients missing an entire arch of teeth, dentures are often the best solution. Instead of thinking of your grandparent’s false teeth, think of a smile that looks as natural as possible! With today’s materials and the precise vision of Dr. Stephen Matarazzo, patients can work with our dentist to design their new smiles with beautiful dentures. Dentures are sometimes removeable, or they can be made as implant-supported dentures which snap into place over dental implants along the dental arch. Dr. Stephen Matarazzo can consult with patients regarding the best way to design their dentures regarding their personal preferences or their lifestyle.
- Porcelain veneers – porcelain veneers are a great way to cover imperfections that may be present on the front teeth. The front, or anterior, teeth can be improved quickly and easily with this method. These facings are fabricated from ceramic and designed to match the patient’s smile so they can offer seamless improvement. Porcelain veneers are strong and durable, holding up to biting forces, and can provide many years of enhancement with proper care.
- Tooth-colored fillings – patients who have cavities will want to consider the advantages of tooth-colored fillings using composite resin. This material is safe and appropriate for areas of decay and blends in with the smile. Composite resin can be done in a single appointment and can be used not only for fillings, but also for imperfections of the smile such as permanent staining, gaps between teeth, or broken teeth.
What treatments will be included in my full mouth rehabilitation plan?
Dr. Stephen Matarazzo understands that every patient’s situation is different, and he customizes dental plans for patients based on their specific needs, goals, and their budget. Most patients with cosmetic or functional problems within their smiles are appropriate candidates for full mouth rehabilitation services.
Ready to discuss solutions for your smile?
Dr. Stephen Matarazzo of Quincy, MA is pleased to offer full mouth rehabilitation services for patients who are interested in changing the appearance of their smiles, as well as functionality. Contact his practice by calling (617) 405-3939 and visit the office for your appointment at 300 Crown Colony Drive.