If you are facing a dental emergency, here are some questions you can ask yourself before seeing a dentist
Have you ever found yourself in a dental crisis thinking “I don’t even know where there is emergency dental care near me”? If you are in the Quincy, MA area and are ever in such a crisis, rest easy knowing that Dr. Stephen Matarazzo and his team at Quincy Smile Center are here for you in your hour of need. If you find yourself facing a dental emergency during office hours, you will be fit in same day. And, since dental emergencies are anything but predictable, if one occurs outside of office hours, Dr. Matarazzo provides that personal touch and will make sure his patients know how to reach him directly at his home or on his cellular device.
Now that you know where you can go to receive top-quality emergency dental care, let us look at some situations that would be considered an emergency.
Questions to Ask Yourself
Dental emergencies are quite common and are experienced by about 22 percent of the population every six months. Even though dental emergencies tend to be common, not every dental situation should be considered critical. When determining if your situation needs to be handled immediately or if it can wait, you should consider some of the following questions.
- Is there severe pain? Dental situations which provoke severe pain or bleeding should be considered an emergency.
- Have you lost a tooth? Prompt treatment provided by an emergency dentist may be able to save that tooth.
- Are there loose teeth? As an adult, you should never lose a tooth. Loose teeth, even when not painful, are a major concern.
- Is there an infection? A serious infection or abscess could lead to life-threatening complications and treatment should be had as soon as you can get it.
- Is there bleeding? Bleeding could indicate the need for immediate treatment.
If you are not sure where your situation falls, please never hesitate to call your dentist. Your dentist will be your best point of contact for next steps. If you are looking into finding a dentist which will treat your emergencies with the necessary urgency, please call Dr. Stephen Matarazzo at Quincy Smile Center in Quincy, MA today at (617) 405-3939.Back to Emergency Dentistry Page