Cosmetic dentist in Quincy, MA describes the benefits of a smile makeover
Some patients are struggling with the appearance and function of their smiles, especially when dealing with imperfections and missing teeth. In situations in which Quincy, MA area patients have a variety of concerns with their smiles, our team of professionals come together to assist with a smile makeover. Our dentist and his staff explain the benefits of undergoing this cosmetic and restorative plan to achieve the smile of their dreams!
Dr. Stephen Matarazzo explains the smile makeover
The smile makeover, sometimes referred to as “full mouth reconstruction,” may include a variety of different procedures used together to address problems. Patients with aesthetic issues, such as broken or stained teeth, along with missing teeth or severe decay, can work with our dentist to achieve dental health and beauty once again. Conditions such as periodontal disease and tooth decay are treated accordingly, and then, after these conditions are properly managed, a series of treatments are done to restore the smile to its original function and appearance.
Process of a smile makeover
A smile makeover starts with a consultation appointment, during which Dr. Stephen Matarazzo will assess the patient’s oral health. He will evaluate if there are conditions such as gum disease or tooth decay present and provide treatment for those issues first. Then, he will work closely with patients to develop a treatment plan that meets their needs. In most cases, tooth replacement solutions are done first. This includes the placement of dental implants, dental bridges, or dentures. Then, cosmetic concerns are addressed, and may include treatments such as composite resin bonding, porcelain veneers, or professional teeth whitening. During the initial assessment, these procedures can be discussed to ensure patients have a good idea of the entire process from start to finish.
What are the benefits of a smile makeover?
- Improved appearance – cosmetic enhancement of the smile is sometimes the primary reason a patient considers this treatment. They may have several imperfections that they want to eliminate with aesthetic treatments.
- Improved confidence – patients who have had imperfections affecting the appearance of their smile often have reduced self-confidence. With the use of a variety of procedures, patients can achieve the results they want so they can share their smile confidently with others in social situations.
- Improved functionality – when patients have issues such as tooth loss, they may be experiencing not only the aesthetic negative aspects of their smile but also functionality concerns. It may be difficult to speak clearly or eat properly when one or more teeth are missing. Therefore, our team proudly offers tooth replacement options that can be used in restoring the smile.
- Affordability – we understand that combining a variety of procedures together can create an expensive service. However, we are pleased to offer financing options for patients to ensure that they have an accessible treatment plan. We encourage patients to bring along any dental insurance information, so our front office team can check benefits and determine if the cost of treatment can be lowered with specific coverage available. We want to get you the best price for treatment while ensuring the best quality!
What treatments may be involved in a smile makeover?
There are many dental services that can be combined to create the final smile makeover process. These may include:
- Dental bridges
- Dental implants
- Professional teeth whitening
- Composite resin bonding
- Tooth-colored fillings
- Porcelain veneers
- Dental crowns
Additionally, if patients have conditions present when they begin their process, such as periodontal disease, we provide treatment for these issues before pursuing restorative care. It is best for the smile to be healthy before continuing with aesthetic and restorative dentistry.
Ready to discuss your options for a smile makeover?
Contact Dr. Stephen Matarazzo of the Quincy, MA area to learn more about this transformative procedure that can be used to completely change the function and appearance of the smile. We work on ensuring that the smile is cosmetically enhanced while ensuring proper functionality and health throughout. Call us at (617) 405-3939 today to book your consultation visit with Dr. Stephen Matarazzo at 300 Crown Colony Drive.
Share this Article
Back to Smile Makeover Page